Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Women of Distinction and Queso

I will honestly tell you that I learned more than I could have imagined today. I simply love being around adults with values and characteristics I admire. For the most part, today was wonderful. It was amazing to see someone who in the past year or so I've come to love like an older sister be honored for the work that she has done throughout her life for her community and her passion to make everyone's life happier, easier, and better. I've been inspired by her. To see all of the women being honored today, to know that I'm not crazy for being passionate about helping others, and too see what amazing things they have done...I can't explain how it makes me feel. I think it may have been reassurance that all of my time and energy that other people have told me I've been "wasting" really is not a waste. While honoring was of course the theme of the day, learning was yet again the theme of mine. Unfortunately, I couldn't pick out just one thing I learned. They're all so important and while I wish I could, I can't type all night. So, I think the lesson I'll report on today will have to be a funny, seemingly unimportant one.

Here goes. I learned today that I should really just stop eating queso with my chips on taco Tuesday. I never fail to make a mess. I always to a lovely job eating when I have silverware or any sort of "civilized" food but chips and queso, that's a whole different hell. I went almost all day without embarrassing myself...and then the queso. Only I can master the art of routinely dripping queso on my collar bone. Go. Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment