Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The room cleaning...or shall I say, the archaelogical dig.

So, I'm definitely the person whose room is usually clean and rather organized. You can eat off my floor, almost always find what your looking for, and I hardly ever feel awkward letting people see it because it's not embarrassing for it's clean and tidy and decorated to truly fit my personality. (I have EE Cummings quotes painted on canvases, artificial flowers simply nailed to the walls, dance memorabilia, photography galore...it's really me on a wall.)

HOWEVER...senior year simply attacked my room. I don't really know when it happened just slowly it started getting a little cluttered and one day...it just exploded. My room is a disaster. An insane disaster. I probably look like a hoarder. Yes, it's that bad. Yes, when one looks around my room you could very easily learn a lot about me. What I have done this year, what's important to me, what's not important to me, what taste in clothing I have, what I've been doing, who I enjoy spending time with as well as who I don't, and of course my taste in literature and music. I'm not really a poster person (except for my Across the Universe poster which I should have taken down like...2.5 years ago). In the greater scheme of things, I suppose it's kind of cool but honestly, I can't stand living in it any more and my parents are probably about ready to kill me. I hope I find a lot of stuff for Plato's closet :) More money for the dorm room decorating fund.

I was explaining the state of my room to a friend the other day and I think it went like this.
So, it's like my bookshelves all got really horny one day and before I knew it
all the books were procreating. Of course then it quickly become over populated
so books new and old were throwing others off the shelves. It was probably like
war.
I've been researching Bonnaroo ever since the NPR preview and coverage and I'm so excited for next year. I really hope I can go. Anyways, one of the bands they covered on NPR was Mumford and Sons. They're awesome, I can't get enough of them. Here's the video for my current favorite song of theirs.


No comments:

Post a Comment