On the application for Wake Forest University for students applying for the Fall of 2010 there are some of the strangest essay questions I have ever seen.
About half way though the "Thoughts" part of the application it says, "Your Top Ten List"
Top Ten what? Favorites, ambitions, colors. Who knows. I suppose the challenge in this one is that there really isn't a guideline. It's your top ten whatever.
So I decided that I would make mine a top ten list of things I wanted to do with my life.
Here goes. Now these are in or order of importance. Well, they are in the order I thought of them in...but that doesn't really mean anything.
1. Spend some time in the Peace Corps or with Teach for America.
2.Expand Backpack Club so that we are able to help at least 1,000 students.
(Come on. I think that's possible. I've got how many years to do this in? Well, unless I get by bus, but that's not something I need to lose sleep over.)
3. Adopt an American child.
(I know that international adoptions are amazing and yes, I'd adopt every child who needed a home if I could but really, think of all the children in your own country, in your own town, in your own community who need a home.)
4. Have a career where I'm actively helping people and improving the quality of lives everyday.
5. Have an art exhibit entirely of my work.
6. Teach free dance classes to children who can't afford them.
7. Go on a dig in the middle east.
8. Save enough money so that all of my children can go to the colleges of their dreams.
9. Learn American sign language.
10. Always remember that everything is a learning experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment