So about 2 years ago I came across this singer, Kelsey Wild on myspace. (Yes, I know, no one uses myspace anymore, I don't either, like I said it was 2 years ago.) She was honestly a friend of a friend. However, it's myspace friends of friends so... Well anyways, I absolutely fell in love with her music. The first 4 songs I was able to get (downloaded from myspace of course. remember when you could do that?) were Meaningless, Fall Down, Let Me Go, and Lightning. "Meaningless" became one of my favorite songs and still is to this day. Last year at my dance studio, in our teacher Lexia's class we frequently did improv. Like, legit, one person gets up infront of the class at a time, the music comes on and you dance. It took everyone a while to really get comfortable but before long it had become the best part of our week. We wanted nothing more than to dance every worry away infront of each other. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would ever be able to do that outside of my own kitchen. Anyway, "Meaningless" was a song that I put on one day as my ipod was often the source for music in that class. It almost became the theme song of our improv. time. Everyone found a way to make it their song. Everyone heard something in it that they could connect to. I felt rather awkward about it at first because honestly, I thought it was rather suggestive but apparently I was the only one who thought so. Everyone else heard something else in it. I suppose I was the only one who heard it that way. Hum... Well, once again, ANYWAY, I've recently found a new(ish) piece by her and suprise, it's incredible. It's called "Drunken Sailor" I would try to explain to you what I've gotten out of it and what it means to be but I can't say I'm up to that challenge tonight.
How incredible.
Well, I'm off to finish editing photos from dinner with Julia and Jenn, Christmas Eve at the Covey's, my family's christmas, and our trip to seaworld. I promise to get some photos up here as well as the rest on facebook soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment