Thursday, July 30, 2009

My "Before Graduation Bucket List"

1. Spend an entire day (until I'm so exhausted I can't see or think the concrete looks like a great place to take a nap) at the Ringling Museum taking pictures of the gardens, random people, and soaking up all of the knowledge I possibly can and learning to better appreciate some the artists I'm still rather confused with.

2. Enter a photo into some sort of competition or exhibition. We've been members of the LBK Center for the Arts as well as many other places like it since we moved here and I've never taken the opportunity to do anything like that.

3. Take a class at one of the many art centers that I happen to be a member of.

4. Go to at least one dance convention. I'm craving this so badly. I'm thinking The Pulse and Jump. I love Jump and have always wanted to go to a Pulse convention and unless I find loads of free time in college...this is my last chance.

5. Go to a drive in movie. Put your dirty minds away now, that's not what I do at drive in movies. There used to be a drive in theatre in a town about 30 minutes from Dubuque and for 4 dollars your saw a double feature and pretty much camped out in your car for an evening. It was so much fun and you always ended up meeting some rather interesting people.

6. Sell jewelry at a craft fair. Unfortunately I have a feeling it'll conflict with a Saturday dance class but...maybe I'll find a Sunday one. It might be hard for me sell my hand crafted jewelry but, I'll find a way to overcome that fear.

7. Not do any homework for an entire weekend. Yes, that includes Friday afternoon and evening.
8. Read 5 books that are not required for any of my classes.

9. Get a mani pedi...yes, I've only had one in my life and it was over a year and I half ago. It's just so hard for me to commit to sitting in a chair for more than an hour accomplishing nothing. (And yet, I sit here and blog...the hell with my priorities, haha)

There will be more to come as I think of more.

No comments:

Post a Comment